Over the past couple of years I’ve written several posts that each focus on trying to answer a simple question relating to data and/or open data.
I’ve collected them together into a list here for easier reference. I’ll update the list as I write more related posts:
- What is a dataset?
- What is a dataset? Part 2: A Working Definition
- What does your dataset contain?
- How do we attribute data?
- What is an open API?
- What is derived data?
- What is a data portal?
- How can we manage risks when publishing open data?
- Who is the intended audience for open data?
- How can open data publishers monitor usage?
- Why are bulk downloads of open data important?
- What is data asymmetry?
- When are open (geospatial) identifiers useful?
- How can we describe different types of dataset?
I find that asking and then trying to answer these questions are a good way to develop understanding. Often there are a number of underlying questions or issues that can be more easily surfaced.