The “five things” meme is still doing the rounds and it turns out I’ve been tagged by Phil Wilson. So here’s five things that you almost certainly don’t know about me:
- My wife and I got together at University after a Rag 3-legged pub crawl. Yes, my charm is so bad that tieing myself to a lady with a skipping rope and plying her with beer for an evening is the best I can do. We’re still together 14 years though. Yes, I’ve untied her since
- I once went to a hen night in Valverde del Camino in Huelva.
- I have a degree in Biology and for my final year project I somehow ended up studying the egg laying behaviour of Callosobruchus maculatus. This involved sitting in a small, dark, hot room (35 degrees centigrade) which had no windows, watching six female beetles recording what they were doing every thirty seconds over a period of two hours. This was repeated 30 times. What I’d wanted to do was study gorilla behaviour.
- I suffer from vertigo and am mildly claustrophobic (the latter not connected with the former, but it didn’t help much either)
- The first ever database schema (OK, record format) I designed was on my first computer. It was an inventory system for my dad’s pigeon lofts